Integrity v6 engine
Scan a website, access its links and pages.
- A framework for developers to use in their applications
- Supplied within an XCode example project that you can easily build upon
- Now two versions of the demo project - Objective C and Swift
- Scans a site checking for broken links - very fast and accurate
- All the features of the free Integrity and more
- can be used in apps which are built to run on 10.6 (snow leopard) forward
- Framework is in a demo Xcode project, showing how to use and access the data
- Just download it, build it and run it. The AppDelegate file contains all the options and milestones and is well-commented
More hundreds of hours than I care to calculate have gone into developing the code which scans a website accurately and fully. It works well and I'm proud of that - parsing arbitrary (and sometimes non-compliant) html code is full of pitfalls.
I'd love to make the engine available to developers. I feel that my strengths lie in building and maintaining that engine, more so than building a UI or producing and marketing a consumer product.
It won't be open source. I want to provide a free version and license a faster, paid-for version. The downloadable version has limits for this reason.
The current version of the engine is mature now after the v6 rewrite. A recent update to the framework adds a couple of features new to Integrity and Scrutiny -
- The archive (can optionally be saved when the crawl completes) can optionally be converted to a browsable format, with the directory structure of the site re-created, thus making 'sitesucker' type functionality