Monitor, archive, go back in time.
- Monitor a whole website, part of a website or a single page
- Set up configs for multiple sites / pages
- Schedule hourly, daily, weekly, monthly scan
- Be alerted to any changes, visible text, source code or changes to the page's resources
- Be able to demonstrate what a page looked like on a particular date
- Be aware of every change to a competitor's page / site
- Runs locally, not a cloud service. Own your own data.
- An archive is kept, including all changes to pages, images, style sheets and js
- View a 'living' version of a historical page, not a screenshot
- Switch between versions of the page to compare them
- Export a historical page as image or collection of all of its files
Category:Developer Tools / Web Scrapers
Version 1.0 is free to use with no restrictions and no expiry.
Current version requires Mac OS 10.8 or higher
Support, questions, requests
What should I do with the downloaded file?
Open the .dmg file and find the application inside. If you want to keep using Watchman, drag and drop it into your Applications folder. To keep it in your dock, right-click or click-and-hold on its dock icon and choose 'Keep in dock'.
Once you've set up scheduled scan(s) then there's no need to have the app running, it'll start when needed.
Developer: S P Dixon
Version 1.0.2 released Jan 2019
- Adds some options for alerting when visible text changes. You can choose whether visible text includes html5 header, footer, nav and image alt text.
Version 1.0.1 released Jan 2019
- Corrections to Help menu, adds link to support form, removes 'purchase' option as app is currently free.
Version 1.0.0 released Jan 2019
- Out of beta, free for a limited time
Version 0.4.0 released Jan 2019
- Some user interface work
Version 0.3.0 released Dec 2018
- Adds server response check, optionally alerting when response code changes (in order for an alert to be given for change of status, the page must have been first discovered or a change detected on the page using a version later than 0.3)
- Adds a bunch of options for when alert is to be shown
- Other small changes
Version 0.2.0 released Dec 2018
- adds user-agent string picker to Preferences, with a variety of standard UA strings, or the option to paste anything else.
- some changes to the context help (the 'i' buttons)
- inherits some minor improvements to the Integrity crawling engine
Version 0.1 released Dec 2018
- First public release