Check all links within a document.
|Use LinkDoc for free, but as it's very new, please report any problems. | Version history|
|Watch LinkDoc in action.|
- Check links within a single document. currently .pdf, .docx (NB not .doc) .rtf and .rtfd
- Export results to csv.
Designed to check web links (hyperlinks). Because of ever-increasing security in operating systems, it isn't possible to test links to other documents or resources on your local drive.
Category:Developer Tools / Website Link Checkers
Currently free. See EULA
Current version requires Mac OS 10.13 or higher, Intel or Apple Silicon
Support, questions, requests
This app is new. Please tell us about problems or suggestions using the general contact form.
What should I do with the downloaded file?
Open the .dmg file and find the application inside. If you want to keep using the app, drag and drop it into your Applications folder. To keep it in your dock, right-click or click-and-hold on its dock icon and choose 'Keep in dock'.
Version 1.2 released Sep 2021
- Adds support for .rtf and .rtfd documents
- Adds 'Bad Links Only' switch to toolbar and menu
- Many other small refinements
Version 1.1.1 released Sep 2021
- Adds context help system and a help button to Preferences > User Agent String
- Adds an information dialog when an unsupported file type is chosen (support for more file types will be added soon)
- Prevents user selecting Open or Export when scan is running
Version 1.1 released Sep 2021
- Adds Preferences window, Adds user-agent string preference, with drop-down menu for easy selection of popular browsers / googlebot etc.
- user-agent string now defaults to a recent version of Safari. It would be better for the app to be honest about its identity, but some servers respond with a 'forbidden' status code to unrecognised UA strings.
- Fixes issue with exporting (export contained too few rows)
- Implements sorting (click column headers) in the main table
- Improved application icon
- Adds debug console which will help with support
Version 1.0 released Sep 2021
- First public release