ScreenSleeves screensaver for Mac
Album cover artwork screensaver for Mac
"... shocked it isn't just built into iTunes itself ... one of my top 10 utilities of all time. YEAH!"- BettyWoo / MacUpdate
"What a fantastic find! Happy happy me!"- NH
"Superb addition to playing music on your Mac ... Well worth the investment."- Winco / Macupdate
I love album artwork. Back in the day album covers were 12" square and some really were works of art.
The CD cover was smaller, and for downloads the cover is no longer physical. But bands still put much effort into good album artwork and how better to display it while you're not working than fullscreen?
- Now a standalone app. Meaning that you can use Screensleeves full-screen or as a smaller floating window.
- You can easily switch between small window and full-screen. Or go full-screen automatically after a period of inactivity, and switch back to floating window with a wobble of the mouse or keypress.
- Supports iTunes, Spotify, Airfoil Satellite, Snowtape, Ecoute, Rdio, Radium, Swinsian and Hermes (Pandora client). Detects which is playing and displays cover art and details for the currently-playing track
- Choice of themes - Ambience, Classic, Text-only, Mosaic Full-Screen with Ken Burns effect and now 'Lyrics mosaic'
- Can fetch artwork from the web if needed
- Some keyboard controls - play / pause / back / skip etc
- Can display rating / popularity / loved and change these things with keyboard shortcuts
- Easy on the eye, displays the cover for the currently playing track, optional progress bar and a few details and very soft fading actions
- Support for the Screensleeves Broadcaster, to allow display of details for music playing on another Mac
- Display bitrate, sample rate, file kind, bit depth (currently available when playing iTunes and Swinsian only)
- Perfect for parties or just chilling
Category:Screensavers / Music
Mac OS 10.11 (El Capitan) or higher, Intel 64. Users of systems 10.8 - 10.10 should use version 6.2.0
- A run-down of all of ScreeSleeves' options is here
- If you have a problem with Screensleeves, please Contact us
ContributorsDevelopment: Shiela Dixon. With special thanks to Valery Kondakoff
Full version history for Screensleeves (The full history is also in the release notes included in the app's dmg file)