Flashcard method combined with Visualisation and Association
- emulates the flashcard system
- encourages you to make up a silly mental image to connect the question and answer (Visualisation and Association). The 'Hint' facility helps with this by reminding you of your image when needed.
- shuffles and selects a certain number of cards per session, the probability of each card being chosen is based on previous right or wrong answers.
- show cards face-first, reverse-first or randomly
- 'disable' cards if you feel that you know them well, but you are encouraged to select from 'all cards' from time to time
- a 'quickstart' tutorial is shown when you first start the app. You can access this at any time from the Help menu
Vocabagility is more than a flashcard system, it's a method. Cards are selected and shuffled, one side is shown. Give an answer, did you get it right? Move on. As quick and easy as using a pack of real cards in your pocket.
The system also encourages you to invent an amusing mental image linking the question and answer (Visualization and Association). The hint facility helps you to recall and reinforce that image when you need to.
Cards that you're not certain about have a greater probability of being shown.
This is an effective system for learning vocabulary / phrases for any language but could be used for learning other things too.
Category:Education / Language
Mac OS 10.8 or higher.
Version 1.1.1 - January 2019
- Minor interface improvements
Version 1.1 - September 2018
- When sounds are being used, interface is a bit more synchronised with the sounds
- when the keyboard shortcut is used for 'show hint' then pressing the same key again dismisses the popup
- the alert at the end of a session gives you some stats and a custom 'good job' message
- allows you to add / edit the hint or the whole card during a session
Version 1.0 - September 2018
- First public release