Plain Text Stickies
Keep beautiful notes, lose the text formatting.
- Pasting to or from notes is always 'as plain text'.
- No messing around with file names or locations (unless you particularly want to export the contents of a note).
- Choose from ten note colours. Choose any font and text size for that note.
- Notes are just there when you start the app. Close one when you've finished with it. Its contents are stored (encrypted) on your drive until you choose to restore it or delete it permanently.
Category:Utilities / Productivity
This application is at an early version and is currently free.
Current version requires Mac OS 10.13 or higher.
Support, questions, requests
Please use the general contact form here
What should I do with the downloaded file?
Open the .dmg file and find the application inside. If you want to keep using Plain Text Stickies, drag and drop it into your Applications folder. To keep it in your dock, right-click or click-and-hold on its dock icon and choose 'Keep in dock'.
Version 1.2 (beta) released Dec 2019
- Adds iCloud support for syncing notes across Macs and possibly iOS devices in the future
- Adds some preferences, including iCloud / local storage, default colour for new notes, opacity of notes that don't have focus
- Revises note colours slightly
- Saved note position is now stored as a relative position on the screen rather than absolute coordinates. This means that when switching monitors, resolution, or syncing notes to another computer with a different size or resolution screen, the notes should be positioned sensibly
Version 1.0 released Nov 2019
- First public release