Control Hue bulbs. Automate. Protect. Cloud-free
"The application is the easiest and best for controlling all my bulbs"
Welcome to a world where you feel safer in your home, save energy and can enjoy lighting effects from cosy to practical. Philips Hue bulbs are low-power LED bulbs with all of the benefits of dimmers, time switches and colour adjustment. Hue-topia gives you manual control over your Philips Hue bulbs and makes it easy to schedule them for when you're not around. Plus other reassuring security features.
- Manual control over each bulb and groups of bulbs
- Control groups of bulbs with a single touch (individual lamps / groups / rooms and an 'all' group)
- Appear to be at home even when you're not by scheduling your lights to switch on and off, or up and down.
- The advantage of a hub (aka 'bridge') and an application like Hue-topia is that you're free of a cloud-based / online system and your scheduled times will continue to work when your computer isn't on or isn't in the building.
- Scheduled times can be slightly randomised so they don't look as if they're on a timer
- 'False dawn' and 'False dusk' which can be scheduled or started manually (just dusk) for lamps or groups
- Switch all lights on or off or access your presets from the status bar
- Access your presets really quickly by assigning your F keys
- Detects your bridge - just switch everything on and go (you'll be prompted to press the button on your bridge the first time you start Hue-topia)
- 'Badges' dock icon with the number of lamps lit
- Alternatively Script your own colour changes and effects using Applescript
- Alternatively, there's a drag-and-drop effects designer within the app for creating colour-changing or cycling effects
- Mac OS 10.9 (Lion) or higher, Intel 64. For 10.7 & 10.8 (Lion & Mountain Lion) you could try version v2.0.2
- Philips Hue bulbs and their 'Bridge' required (all part of their starter pack)
- For all features to work properly, Bridge's firmware must be up to date (free and easy to do)
- Only updates the licensing framework. This isn't an important release for licensed users who have 3.4.1
- Small update to bridge discovery address (Philips had changed the url). Fixes bridge discovery on startup. While broken it was necessary to enter bridge address manually.
- Improvements to Applescript functionality. Should be more responsive and reliable.
- Application is Notarized by Apple as from version 3.4.0
- If location services is switched off, or permission hasn't been given for Hue-topia to access the user's location, and the user tries to switch on 'Link times to sunrise / sunset' then the schedule dialog closes elegantly and information is shown. Previously the window would hang with no explanation.
- Fixes crash experienced on newer versions of MacOS when running HT for the first time, immediately after pressing the bridge button.
- Adds preference relating to groups:
- Using a group's on/off button also makes the settings of all lamps in the group consistent
- The update check no longer able to perform the download, which has been problematic for security reasons. Instead visits application home page where the download can be made
- If manual controller (main window) is closed, clicking dock icon or double-clicking application icon will re-open the controller window
- Fixes bug - if lamp was in colour-temperature mode, sliding the 'brightness' slider would cause it to revert back to hsb (colour) mode
- dark-mode-ready for MacOs 10.14 Mojave (will respect the user's choice of dark or light mode in System Preferences)
- Fixes small bug causing colours used in an effect to become slightly more saturated each time the effect is opened and closed
- Fixes problem with the schedule window causing the controls to change colour / brightness to not always be visible when they should be
- Interface improvements:
- The on/off button for each lamp/group indicates more clearly whether the lamp is on at low brightness or off (Button goes darker when lamp is off, in light and dark modes.)
- The sliders for warmth, whiteness and brightness have graduated coloured backgrounds to indicate what will happen if you move them in a particular direction
- Warmth and whiteness sliders are completely hidden if the lamp doesn't have those capabilities
- Enables dark mode when using MacOs 10.14 Mojave (will respect the user's choice of dark or light mode in System Preferences)
- Fixes crash when switching to Schedules > Chart when using the new system
- Improves the on/off button for each lamp / group, makes it more obvious (in dark mode) whether the lamp is off or on at low brightness
- Links the frequency of updates while using continuous sliding controls (eg brightness slider) to the heartbeat speed as set in Preferences
- ^ if the sliders have a long delay before you see the change (seconds) then too many messages are being sent to and from the bridge. Turn down the heartbeat Speed
- heartbeat speed default value is set at a slightly higher value for new users
- changes urls within the app and the dmg (eg support, EULA) to new https site
- Adds 'Turn all off' and 'Turn all on' to status bar menu, preset submenu
- Fix to 'Turn all off' and 'Turn all on' in hotkeys
- If an effect is running, and user switches lamp/group off (or selects a preset that results in the lamp switching off) then effect is stopped. Previously the effect continued running which could switch the lamp back on.
- Adds drag and drop functionality to colour indicators. You can drag a colour from one lamp to another, or from a lamp to a group. This makes it easy to find a colour you like and then propagate that colour to a group or all lamps. The colour temperature functionality is supported in this.
- Fixes a problem where a group or location containing only dimmable lamps (ie which don't display colours) were displaying a red colour in HT rather than white
- Some glitches in the interface tidied up.
- Custom 'About' box added, it contains licensing information
Category:Lifestyle / Home Automation
version 3.4.2 August 2020
version 3.4.1 July 2020
version 3.4.0 June 2019
version 3.3.1 January 2019
version 3.3.0 September 2018
version 3.2.2 September 2018
version 3.2.1 September 2018
version 3.2.0 August 2018
version 3.1.1 August 2018
version 3.1.0 July 2018
version 3.0.10 January 2018
version 3.0.9 January 2018
version 3.0.8 January 2018