Control Hue bulbs. Automate. Protect. Cloud-free
"The application is the easiest and best for controlling all my bulbs"
Welcome to a world where you feel safer in your home, save energy and can enjoy lighting effects from cosy to practical. Philips Hue bulbs are low-power LED bulbs with all of the benefits of dimmers, time switches and colour adjustment. Hue-topia gives you manual control over your Philips Hue bulbs and makes it easy to schedule them for when you're not around. Plus other reassuring security features.
- Manual control over each bulb and groups of bulbs
- Control groups of bulbs with a single touch (version 3 allows you to select lamps / groups / rooms and an 'all' group)
- Appear to be at home even when you're not by scheduling your lights to switch on and off, or up and down.
- The scheduled times will continue to work when your computer isn't on or isn't in the house
- Scheduled times can be slightly randomised so they don't look as if they're on a timer
- 'False dawn' and 'False dusk' which can be scheduled or started manually (just dusk) for lamps or groups
- Switch all lights on or off or access your presets from the status bar
- Access your presets really quickly by assigning your F keys
- Detects your bridge - just switch everything on and go (you'll be prompted to press the button on your bridge the first time you start Hue-topia)
- 'Badges' dock icon with the number of lamps lit
- Alternatively Script your own colour changes and effects using Applescript
- Alternatively, there's a drag-and-drop effects designer within the app for creating colour-changing or cycling effects
- Mac OS 10.9 (Lion) or higher, Intel 64. For 10.7 & 10.8 (Lion & Mountain Lion) you could try version v2.0.2
- Philips Hue bulbs and their 'Bridge' required (all part of their starter pack)
- For all features to work properly, Bridge's firmware must be up to date (free and easy to do)
- Read the Hue-ser manual here
- If you have a problem with Huetopia, please contact support at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Links the frequency of updates while using continuous sliding controls (eg brightness slider) to the heartbeat speed as set in Preferences
- ^ if the sliders have a long delay before you see the change (seconds) then too many messages are being sent to and from the bridge. Turn down the heartbeat Speed
- heartbeat speed default value is set at a slightly higher value for new users
- changes urls within the app and the dmg (eg support, EULA) to new https site
- Adds 'Turn all off' and 'Turn all on' to status bar menu, preset submenu
- Fix to 'Turn all off' and 'Turn all on' in hotkeys
- If an effect is running, and user switches lamp/group off (or selects a preset that results in the lamp switching off) then effect is stopped. Previously the effect continued running which could switch the lamp back on.
- Adds drag and drop functionality to colour indicators. You can drag a colour from one lamp to another, or from a lamp to a group. This makes it easy to find a colour you like and then propagate that colour to a group or all lamps. The colour temperature functionality is supported in this.
- Fixes a problem where a group or location containing only dimmable lamps (ie which don't display colours) were displaying a red colour in HT rather than white
- Some glitches in the interface tidied up.
- Custom 'About' box added, it contains licensing information
- Adds export and import for settings, for use when moving computers and wanting to migrate existing schedules, presets, effects and some settings
- Adds 'are you sure?' checks to deletion of effects and schedules
- Updates the default implementations of 'false dawn' and 'false dusk' to take advantage of the fact that effects now handle warmth values
- Existing users can load these updated effects by deleting the original ones and quitting & restartingLIFXstyle
- Fixes a crash on startup experienced by some in earlier versions of this beta
- Other small fixes
- Adds much better 'navigation' allowing you to choose control strips for lamps / groups / rooms / all
- Adds a new minimalist layout plus button in the toolbar for switching layouts
- Adds custom colour picker, geared towards smartbulbs. This includes the option of full colour or whites
- Adds colour temperature functionality - adds 'warmth' control to each strip, optionally switches between colour temp mode and full colour mode
- Improved status bar menu, shows on/off state of lamps / groups at a glance. Possible to switch lamps on/off from that menu, and select presets as before
- Adds scrollwheel functionality, use scrollwheel within colourwells to dim up / down
- Adds a number of preference options for various behaviours
- Effects designer is enhanced in a number of ways. And the 'effects' icon within control strips animates to indicate where an effect is running
- Many other small enhancements
- Takes v2 out of beta, which adds the effects designer. As well as adding a tool for designing cycling effects, it also replaces the old 'false dawn', 'false dusk' (there are built-in effects for those things, which you can edit and have much more flexibility over the settings for those)
- Fixes problem preventing Hue-topia from automatically discovering the bridge IP properly (problem would have begun occurring on 2 Nov 17 due to slight change in the format of the information returned when HT requests the address of the bridge)
- Adds 'View' button in toolbar allowing you to choose the layout (this option was available before but hidden in the menus)
- Adds Effects designer, 'pre-loaded' with some effects, TV simulator, Fire, plus two which are designed to replace the old 'false dawn' and 'false dusk'. The new dawn / dusk effects change colour through gold and blue while reducing or increasing the light in order to simulate dawn or dusk more realistically. More importantly, they're editable and you can customise them as you see fit.
- If you did have any 'false dawn / dusk' set up on schedule, you'll need to open these and change them to 'Effect' and choose the appropriate effect.
- Adds ability to set F13 - F19 as 'hotkeys', useful for users of extended keyboards (there's no conflict with the newer functions of the function keys - brightness, volume etc)
- Supports Hue's new 'rooms' concept. Previous versions show Groups and Rooms as Groups. Now Hue-topia clearly shows Rooms with a room icon.
- Adds preference to show Groups but not Rooms in Hue-topia
- Fixes problem with the transition time for scheduled presets
- Fixes hang when visualising schedules (gantt chart) for users upgrading from an earlier version of HT than 1.9 with existing schedules
- Fixes a problem with the logic of bridge login which was causing the 'please press button on your bridge' message to not appear or appear sporadically, so some users didn't know that HT was waiting for the bridge button to be pressed and thus had appeared to hang.
- Adds 'Chart' option for visualising schedules (gantt chart)
- Improves sunrise/sunset lookup for more accurate times - or at least corresponding with more of the online services
- Adds option to preferences: 'only show groups, not individual lamps' - allows users with many lamps to have a cleaner control panel
- Adds DST check and updates schedules on bridge when DST changes
- Fixes Schedule 'link to sunrise/sunset' button not showing when action is 'trigger preset'
- Adds button for Bridge Explorer in Preferences > Bridge (Was and still is also under View menu)
- Fixes bug - Bridge Explorer would display properly first time, but problem (crash, hang or just no action) when accessed second time
- Fixes problem with strips forgetting re-ordering after certain actions (actions which change the number of strips such as make / delete group)
- Adds a grippie in the corner of the strips to indicate that they can be dragged to reorder, and provide a convenient handle
- Fixes 'Hue-topia preventing restart' problem
- Improves auto update check
- Hotkey preferences are now updated when a preset is renamed
- Improves and fixes problem with sunrise/sunset times - was sometimes failing to acquire user's location but was still requesting times for an incorrect location - therefore times could appear quite wrong.
- Warns if user saves a schedule with a logical inconsistency, eg 'trigger preset' as the action but a group or lamp selected rather than a preset. The buttons themselves do try to prevent this with certain permutations.
- Adds ability to edit which lamps are affected or left unaffected by a preset (Manage presets from the toolbar button or Lights menu, then select preset and press 'Lamps affected)
- Adds ability to schedule presets (requires bridge software at least v1.1)
- Adds 'manage presets...' to Lamps menu
- Improves scripting - allows access to lamps within a group. Documentation updated at http://blog.peacockmedia.software/2014/12/scripting-to-create-effects-with-your.html
- Adds preference to hide dock icon
- Improves scripting - allows control of lamps and groups. Documentation at http://blog.peacockmedia.software/2014/12/scripting-to-create-effects-with-your.html
- Adds checkmark to selected Layout menu item to clear up the ambiguity of horizontal / vertical
- Fixes a bug causing sunrise/sunset times to be out by an hour
- changes price to $15 / ~Â£10
- Allows dragging and dropping of control strips into the order you like (in both classic and horizontal views)
- Improves sunset / sunrise functionality:
- User can choose whether lamps switch on or off at sunrise / sunset
- User can choose to use actual sunrise/set time or the various twilights
- Adds scripting support. Access your presets plus 'All on', 'All off' and 'All blink'
- Fixes random crash after running for a while (related to saving of bridge errors)
- Adds ability to switch layout (View > Layout...) adds 'Horizontal' layout along with the 'Classic' layout (more layouts to follow)
- Allows resizing of the control panel window and scrolling of strips in directions appropriate to the current layout
- Control panel window is constrained to the screen dimensions with horizontal or vertical scrolling appearing as appropriate
Category:Lifestyle / Home Automation
version 3.1.0 July 2018
version 3.0.10 January 2018
version 3.0.9 January 2018
version 3.0.8 January 2018
version 3.0.7 (no longer beta) December 2017
version 3.0.5 (beta) December 2017
version 2.0.2 (no longer beta) November 2017
version 2.0 (beta) August 2017
version 1.11 November 2016
Version 1.10.2 released Feb 2016
Version 1.10.1 released Jan 2016
Version 1.10 released Dec 2015
Version 1.9.5 released April 2015
Version 1.9.3 released Feb 2015
Version 1.9.2 released Feb 2015
Version 1.9.1 released Jan 2015
Version 1.9 released Jan 2015
Version 1.8.2 released Dec 2014
Version 1.8.1 released Dec 2014
Version 1.8 released Oct 2014
Version 1.7.1 released Oct 2014
Version 1.7 released Oct 2014Improvements to control panel: