What would you do with 64 pixels?.
- Designed for RC2014, works with compatibles including the Jupiter Ace clone, Minstrel the Forth.
- The 64 LEDs are arranged in a grid and can be controlled using two 8-bit ports.
- Display scrolling messages, patterns and animations, run John Conway's Life and even play games!
This module allows you to control a small 8 pixel by 8 pixel display. You can use it to display scrolling messages, patterns and animations, run John Conway's Life and even play games!
The display's 64 LEDs are arranged in a matrix. The package has 16 pins, so it can be controlled by two 8-bit ports. The module listens for writes to ports 0 and 2 (in line with other RC2014 modules such as the digital i/o and bubble LED display).
- Buy an 8x8 matrix module here
- Hardware assembly guide, includes assembly notes and some 'getting started' code in BASIC
- Example and template code in Z80 assembly, Forth and BASIC
- Videos showing the module in action: