Redirection made easy.
404bypass is designed to help you avoid 404 errors by generating a redirect file for your website. This is especially useful when a redesign leads to pages being assigned a new URL.
404bypass scans your old and new website, automatically compares the scan results and generates a list of redirects. It also allows you to manually match or add redirect URLs.
Since htaccess is only one of many methods to handle redirect, our template system allows you to leverage the matching ability of 404bypass and output the results in any format you can dream of.
Mac OSX 10.8 or higher.
Eric Dubois, Shiela Dixon
- Some improvements to engine around urls containing unicode characters, efficiency improvements and other improvements
- Bug fix, prevented proper running on 10.8 (claimed min system requirement OSX 10.8 restored)
- Some improvements to saving / loading of project. (some details weren't being carried over)
- Small improvements to the scanning engine
- Allows blocking of certain urls from the scans, eg /blog/
- Out of beta, introductory price of $5 (50% discount on regular price of $10)
- Trial period set to 30 days
v0.3 (still beta. Expires 23/04/2017)
- Fixes problem of smart match awarding a perfect score if one url is only contained within the other
- Adds coloured dots to main table showing whether 'from' url was already found to redirect by the crawler (orange) or is an error (eg 404) (red). Column is sortable
- Fixes console 'live view' table clearing itself when crawl finishes
- Fixes dock icon animation stopping when one site has finshed, not both.
- Fixes dock icon animation not stopping if a project reloaded and then one side is re-scanned
- Fixes some apparent redirections / timeouts incorrectly being reported in the console window's live view table
- Other small fixes
v0.2 (still beta. Expires 23/04/2017)
- Improves smart match a little (algorithm improved a little, also now includes fuzzy match of meta description)
- When searching for a match manually, the list is sorted so that most likely matches are at the top
- Saved projects are added to the 'open recent' menu
- Fixes problem with 'check exact url matches' preference
- Adds diagnostic tool - alt-click the match icon with the Console window open to see a trace of how the match and strength have been arrived at
- Adds tooltips to main table - hovering over a url or title displays the entire string as a tooltip
- First public beta version. Expires 23/04/2017