IP Camera Utility
Utility supporting EyeSpy247 F+ and similar cameras (manufactured by Sercomm)
This app is now retired for various reasons.
- Finds your camera(s) on your network
- Manage motion detection areas
- View video, listen to sound from the camera's microphone
- Adds a sound trigger with adjustable threshold
- Save video to your computer, with sound, when triggered
- Planned: 2-way sound
Certain cameras like the Eyespy 247 F+ have admin features (in particular, setting up motion detection areas) which make use of ActiveX and therefore aren't accessible from OSX. This free application fills in those gaps. It also adds a sound trigger which isn't built into these cameras, and can save movies (with sound) locally (ie to your computer, not needing an account anywhere else)
IP Camera Utility requires Mac OSX 10.6 or higher, Intel. 10.10 (Yosemite) is supported and the app is code signed to help keep Gatekeeper happy.
Open the .dmg file and find an installer inside. To keep Scrutiny in your dock, right-click or click-and-hold on its dock icon and choose 'Keep in dock'.
- NB App currently only supports the uLaw sound format. It switches your camera to this format when you enable the mic.
- NB if the camera finder finds your camera, that doesn't necessarily mean that model is supported.
If your question isn't answered, please contact email@example.com
Developer: Shiela Dixon
Updated beta expiry date
Fixes bug making images and sound out of sync in saved movie after administrator username and password entered (credentials are required for frame rate to be detected, but previously restart was required before movies were saved correctly).
first beta release