whole site html validation and accessibility checks
- crawls and checks an entire website or a single page
- provide the home or starting url and let Tidiness do the rest
- checks html validity and many accessibility points, level 1, 2 and 3
- Tidiness contains the latest version of tidy, but you can easily set it to use a different version of tidy if you have a reason to do so
- Tidiness uses the public instance of the W3C Validation Service, but you can switch it to use tidy (run locally) to test the code validity if you prefer
Tidiness is a Mac app built around the HTML Tidy project and the W3C html validator. It can scan an entire website, using tidy or the W3C Markup Validation Service to check the html and (optionally) tidy to report on the accessibility of each page.
Tidiness doesn't use tidy's abilities to change an html document, just report the problems. Tidy and the W3C validator are different tools and may well give different results. If you have any problems or suggestions about the results themselves, please see the links to the HTML Tidy project and the W3C Markup Validation Service below.
It's very early days and is under active development. (We plan to do a lot more with the filtering and presentation of the results.) It's available here so that you can try it and comment. Please try Tidiness and if you have any problems or suggestions, please get in touch. (Please be nice.)
About HTML Tidy: https://github.com/htacg/tidy-html5
Bug reports and comments: https://github.com/htacg/tidy-html5/issues
Official mailing list: https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-htacg/
Latest HTML specification: http://dev.w3.org/html5/spec-author-view/
Validate your HTML documents: http://validator.w3.org/nu/
Lobby your company to join the W3C: http://www.w3.org/Consortium
About the W3C HTML Markup Validation Service: https://validator.w3.org
Category:Developer Tools / Utilities
Mac OS 10.8 or higher.
Version 1.0 - May 2018
- First public release