ScreenSleeves screensaver for Mac
Album cover artwork screensaver for Mac OSX
"... shocked it isn't just built into iTunes itself ... one of my top 10 utilities of all time. YEAH!"- BettyWoo / MacUpdate
"What a fantastic find! Happy happy me!"- NH
"Superb addition to playing music on your Mac ... Well worth the investment."- Winco / Macupdate
I love album artwork. Back in the day album covers were 12" square and some really were works of art.
The CD cover was smaller, and for downloads the cover is no longer physical. But bands still put much effort into good album artwork and how better to display it while you're not working than with a screensaver?
- Supports iTunes, Spotify, Snowtape, Ecoute, Rdio and now Radium. Detects which is playing and displays cover art and details for the currently-playing track
- Choice of themes - Classic, Text-only, Mosaic Full-Screen with Ken Burns effect and now 'Lyrics mosaic'
- Can fetch artwork from the web if needed
- Supports Apple remote for skip back/forward, volume up/down and play/pause
- The remote controls Spotify or iTunes - whichever is playing.
- Control the track and volume without leaving the screensaver
- Can display rating / popularity and allows rating to be changed
- Adjustable 3D effect and progress bar
- As a screensaver it just kicks in if you leave your computer, or mouse to your hot corner
- Show a clock as well if you like
- Easy on the eye, just the cover for the currently playing track with a few details and very soft fading actions
- Defaults to your choice of alternative screensaver if no music player is running
- Perfect for parties or just chilling
The Pro version adds:
- Ability to switch off tour / ticket information
- Adds option to display bitrate, sample rate, file kind (all themes but currently iTunes only)
- Further themes planned
Mac OSX 10.6 (Snow Leopard) or higher, Intel 32 or 64. 10.10 (Yosemite) supported.
- A run-down of all of ScreeSleeves' options is here
- If you have a problem with Screensleeves, please contact Shiela at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Full version history for Screensleeves (The full history is also in the release notes included in the app's dmg file)