Add security and comfort to your home
"The application is the easiest and best for controlling all my bulbs"
Welcome to a world where you feel safer in your home, save energy and can enjoy lighting effects from cosy to practical. Philips Hue bulbs are low-power LED bulbs with all of the benefits of dimmers, time switches and colour adjustment. Hue-topia gives you manual control over your Philips Hue bulbs and makes it easy to schedule them for when you're not around. Plus other reassuring security features.
- Manual control over each bulb and groups of bulbs
- Control groups of bulbs with a single touch
- Appear to be at home even when you're not by scheduling your lights to switch on and off, or up and down.
- The scheduled times will continue to work when your computer isn't on or isn't in the house
- Scheduled times can be slightly randomised so they don't look as if they're on a timer
- Listens via the computer's microphone and can turn light(s) up (returns to previous state after a preset time)
- 'False dawn' and 'False dusk' which can be scheduled or started manually (just dusk) for lamps or groups
- Switch all lights on or off or access your presets from the status bar
- Access your presets really quickly by assigning your F keys
- Detects your bridge - just switch everything on and go (you'll be prompted to press the button on your bridge the first time you start Hue-topia)
- Bridge explorer' window allows you to browse the contents of your bridge
- Touchlink command allows you to pair lamps and bridges from different starter packs (alternative to LampStealer)
- 'Badges' dock icon with the number of lamps lit
- Script your own colour changes and effects
- Yosemite and Retina screens supported
- Mac OSX 10.7 (Lion) or higher, Intel 64
- Philips Hue bulbs and their 'Bridge' required (all part of their starter pack)
- For all features to work properly, Bridge's firmware must be up to date (free and easy to do)
- Read the Hue-ser manual here
- If you have a problem with Huetopia, please contact Shiela at: firstname.lastname@example.org
version 2.0 (beta) August 2017
- Adds Effects designer, 'pre-loaded' with some effects, TV simulator, Fire, plus two which are designed to replace the old 'false dawn' and 'false dusk'. The new dawn / dusk effects change colour through gold and blue while reducing or increasing the light in order to simulate dawn or dusk more realistically. More importantly, they're editable and you can customise them as you see fit.
- If you did have any 'false dawn / dusk' set up on schedule, you'll need to open these and change them to 'Effect' and choose the appropriate effect.
- Adds ability to set F13 - F19 as 'hotkeys', useful for users of extended keyboards (there's no conflict with the newer functions of the function keys - brightness, volume etc)
version 1.11 November 2016
- Supports Hue's new 'rooms' concept. Previous versions show Groups and Rooms as Groups. Now Hue-topia clearly shows Rooms with a room icon.
- Adds preference to show Groups but not Rooms in Hue-topia
Version 1.10.2 released Feb 2016
- Fixes problem with the transition time for scheduled presets
Version 1.10.1 released Jan 2016
- Fixes hang when visualising schedules (gantt chart) for users upgrading from an earlier version of HT than 1.9 with existing schedules
- Fixes a problem with the logic of bridge login which was causing the 'please press button on your bridge' message to not appear or appear sporadically, so some users didn't know that HT was waiting for the bridge button to be pressed and thus had appeared to hang.
Version 1.10 released Dec 2015
- Adds 'Chart' option for visualising schedules (gantt chart)
Version 1.9.5 released April 2015
- Improves sunrise/sunset lookup for more accurate times - or at least corresponding with more of the online services
- Adds option to preferences: 'only show groups, not individual lamps' - allows users with many lamps to have a cleaner control panel
- Adds DST check and updates schedules on bridge when DST changes
- Fixes Schedule 'link to sunrise/sunset' button not showing when action is 'trigger preset'
- Adds button for Bridge Explorer in Preferences > Bridge (Was and still is also under View menu)
- Fixes bug - Bridge Explorer would display properly first time, but problem (crash, hang or just no action) when accessed second time
Version 1.9.3 released Feb 2015
- Fixes problem with strips forgetting re-ordering after certain actions (actions which change the number of strips such as make / delete group)
- Adds a grippie in the corner of the strips to indicate that they can be dragged to reorder, and provide a convenient handle
Version 1.9.2 released Feb 2015
- Fixes 'Hue-topia preventing restart' problem
- Improves auto update check
Version 1.9.1 released Jan 2015
- Hotkey preferences are now updated when a preset is renamed
- Improves and fixes problem with sunrise/sunset times - was sometimes failing to acquire user's location but was still requesting times for an incorrect location - therefore times could appear quite wrong.
- Warns if user saves a schedule with a logical inconsistency, eg 'trigger preset' as the action but a group or lamp selected rather than a preset. The buttons themselves do try to prevent this with certain permutations.
Version 1.9 released Jan 2015
- Adds ability to edit which lamps are affected or left unaffected by a preset (Manage presets from the toolbar button or Lights menu, then select preset and press 'Lamps affected)
- Adds ability to schedule presets (requires bridge software at least v1.1)
- Adds 'manage presets...' to Lamps menu
Version 1.8.2 released Dec 2014
- Improves scripting - allows access to lamps within a group. Documentation updated at http://peacockmedia-software.blogspot.co.uk/2014/12/scripting-to-create-effects-with-your.html
- Adds preference to hide dock icon
Version 1.8.1 released Dec 2014
- Improves scripting - allows control of lamps and groups. Documentation at http://peacockmedia-software.blogspot.co.uk/2014/12/scripting-to-create-effects-with-your.html
- Adds checkmark to selected Layout menu item to clear up the ambiguity of horizontal / vertical
- Fixes a bug causing sunrise/sunset times to be out by an hour
- changes price to $15 / ~Â£10
Version 1.8 released Oct 2014
- Allows dragging and dropping of control strips into the order you like (in both classic and horizontal views)
Version 1.7.1 released Oct 2014
- Improves sunset / sunrise functionality:
- User can choose whether lamps switch on or off at sunrise / sunset
- User can choose to use actual sunrise/set time or the various twilights
- Adds scripting support. Access your presets plus 'All on', 'All off' and 'All blink'
- Fixes random crash after running for a while (related to saving of bridge errors)
Version 1.7 released Oct 2014Improvements to control panel:
- Adds ability to switch layout (View > Layout...) adds 'Horizontal' layout along with the 'Classic' layout (more layouts to follow)
- Allows resizing of the control panel window and scrolling of strips in directions appropriate to the current layout
- Control panel window is constrained to the screen dimensions with horizontal or vertical scrolling appearing as appropriate