Helen's Website Editor
Easily make edits to a web page
If you've had a website made for you and want to make small updates without concerning yourself with HTML or other technical things then this is for you. Or maybe you're a developer who has made a site for a client and wants to give them a very easy way to make small updates. This makes it as easy as possible to open up a page, make edits and save.
- WYSIWYG editor
- Simple to use
- Type and format text. Insert tables, lists, images
- copy and paste from TextEdit, Pages etc
- If you are more web-savvy you can insert web headings, paragraphs and divs using classes from your stylesheet
- Opens the page from the server and saves it directly back
- Edit your stylesheet and some meta tags
- Keeps a history of edits, easy to restore a previous version
All you need is your ftp server's name or IP address, a username and password. After that you can browse your pages and open them for editing directly from the server and save it right back. No messing about with creating or synchronising local folders.
NB The concept of this app is that it opens and saves the remote copy directly. There is no local copy unless you want to maintain one yourself.
* This version is beta. That means that you get to use it for free but at your own risk, and there may still be bugs to be found. If you find a bug or would like to suggest an enhancement, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mac OSX 10.5 (Leopard) or higher, Intel 32 or 64. 10.10 (Yosemite) supported
Please note that this app is new and in beta. This means that you can use it freely but there may be bugs which haven't been found. If you find a problem, please report it.
- Pages must be html, not dynamic pages such as php or asp
version 1.2.3 (Beta)
- Fixes 32-bit support
version 1.2.2 (Beta)
- adds Description to meta data tab (editable and saveable)
- Adds autoDetect for style sheet (this can be problematic if the http root and ftp root don't match, in this case manual entry is recommended)
- Other small improvements
version 1.2.1 (Beta)
- expected location of remote images folder takes account of initial directory in settings (ie expects 'images' folder at ftp server + initial directory)
version 1.2 (Beta) First public release March 2014